Permaculture Diploma blog of three people excitedly starting out their diploma. Dano in Ipswich, Suffolk; Marina in Lawford near Manningtree, North Essex and Nigel in Burgh near Woodbridge, Suffolk. Our initial Meeting with Hannah our Tutor on 8th January 2010.

Monday 13 June 2011

Reinvigorated

So Marina now has completed her diploma in applied permaculture design.

She presented it at the end of the second design certificate course held at the apricot centre. Today is the Monday after that and I spend the morning with keen locals wanting to start the diploma pathway.

It was really weird to have the repeat information as in January 2010 and think where am I now. It was really useful to be excited again. I will post pictures of the important bits.

On Sunday after Marina's presentation I re-looked at the business website package I have with 1and1 and thought I don't think they are very good, I understand how their templates work and feel comfortable with them. I juggled things around to optimise what I wanted and to actually reduce my bill. I now have a website with 25 pages to try and write up my diploma online.

I can't wait: its www.permacultureclub.org.uk


The new changes to the diploma process seem to be that you pay a little bit more. This is because a tweak to the original process is now that when you have done your portfolio there is a 2.5 hour tutorial with your tutor. For fairness and to make it a level and therefore nationally recognised qualification there needs to be a second external tutor to verify your portfolio. I hope that makes sense. Obviously this needs paying for. Good idea, especially for those that could I'm sure then use their diploma as entry to uni or at least it gives permaculture a respectability that everyone else has to go through.

It also has the benefit of getting your diploma so when the final presentation comes you are showing it off, explaining it hopefully in a celebratory and less stressed state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers